Have A Startup In Upper Egypt?
We help you validate your startup idea, And will work with you as you build your minimal viable product (MVP)
During Our Program, You Will ...
validate your idea
Build Your MVP
Learn How To Pitch
Develop A Scalable Business Model
Plan Your Financials
Athar Will Help You In ....
Meet Our Partners
The team understands the challenges facing startups in Upper Egypt, especially when it comes to the entrepreneurial ecosystem in which these startups are nourished in. This program specifically supports startups in Upper Egypt through the Lean Startup Methodology.
The team will be utilizing the “Lean Startup Methodology”; a customer centric approach to entrepreneurship that relies on customer interviewing techniques to validate assumptions i.e. validated learnings. The approach uses the principles of customer discovery and market insights to take business decisions aiming to minimize risk and maximize learning.
At the end of the acceleration program your startup should:
- 1. Have validated a need for your business.
- 2. Have a very clear understanding of your customers.
- 3. Have developed a clear business model.
- 4. Have ran marketing experiments.
- 5. Know how to pitch your business.
- 6. Have a clear plan about ways forward and needed resources to achieve it.
During the acceleration program, startups will receive a round of essential capacity building sessions. The sessions are based on the “Lean Startup” methodology and will allow the startups to further develop and validate their ideas/businesses. This will be done through a series of activities including customer interviews, building prototypes and minimum viable products (MVPs), among others. Participants will also receive business mentorship sessions to guide them throughout the process for further developing their ideas.
We are looking for passionate entrepreneurs who:
- Have the drive to make it happen and are willing to put in the effort
- Are willing to commit to the program to pursue their passion
- Having a team of minimum two members is a plus
With ideas or early stage startups that:
- Are innovative or with an innovative business model
- Have great market potential
- Have potential for scalability
- Can attract investments
The program will be conducted over 12 sessions (6-8 hours each on a weekly basis; on weekends – a few sessions may be conducted on weekdays after working hours).
The program is meant to be covered as a complete experience. We recommend joining only if you are willing to commit to the whole period to get the full benefit.
Yes, you can apply as a single founder.
Yes, we accept idea-stage startups and will help you validate your idea and build an MVP throughout the program.
We accept both idea-stage startups as well as those with an MVP.
Yes, the program has a number of funding offerings:
- Halfway through the program, a number of best performing entrepreneurs shall receive a grant of EGP 10K to help them work on their initial product needs.
- At the demo day there is a grant funding totaling 100K that shall be awarded on up to 3 of the best performing startups during the program. The division of the grant among the startups and the number of startups awarded shall be decided by a panel of judges.
Beyond the scope of the demo day; throughout the acceleration cycle, and after the graduation of the startups, Athar will work closely to identify startups that are ready for investment and connect them to potential investors and support networks.
The program will take place in Cloud Co-working Space at El Minia governorate.
Anyone can apply as long as they can make it physically to the program’s sessions.
It’s optional for you, the program’s sessions will be virtual, so you can participate from home or you can come to Minia to use the office space.
Yes, accommodation and transportation are covered for startups from outside Minia.
Athar is a startup accelerator that supports enterepreneurs in Upper Egypt with funding, connections, and mentorship. Our main goal is to activate and strengthen the startup ecosystem of Upper Egypt.
Copyright © 2019 | Athar Accelerator